Civil Engineering Department
The rate of evolution of engineering technology is one of the key challenges to this oldest and basic branch of engineering. At our college we meet this challenge. The Institute has a full fledged, well developed Civil Engineering Department with the following labs for testing of materials, quality control etc.
- Environmental Lab
- Geo Technical Lab
- Computer Lab
- Highway Testing Lab
- Applied Mechanics Lab
- Survey Lab
- Seminar Hall Equipped with LCD Projector
- Structural Engineering Lab
- Fluid mechanics lab
Special visits are arranged for students to actual construction sites for practical experiences, major Civil Engineering works etc.
Consultancy Services offered by Department
The Civil Engineering Department has well qualified and experienced staff. The Civil Engineering department offers testing and consultancy services in various fields. The consultancy work undertaken so far is listed below:-
1. Detailed Engineering for a number of regional and single village water supply schemes for Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikara & Zilha Prishad.
2. Final location survey of water supply scheme for L&T Mumbai.
3. Structural design for office building for PWD, Industrial units elevated storage reservoirs and water treatment plants for Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran and Others.
4. Layout of tunnel in Konkan Railway for Patwardhan and Associates Pune.
5. Geological investigation for Sulvade and Sarangkheda Barrages over River Tapi.
6. Slum Rehabilitation program for MHADA.
In addition to this, the department offers testing facility for all Civil Engineering materials like Cement, Aggregate, Soil, Concrete, Steel, Highway, Water, Building Materials and Environmental testing work etc. with the help of latest equipments. Consultancy services like Design of Structures; geological and hydrological investigations; land Survey; Water treatment plants, Layouts; Soil investigations; etc are also available at a reasonable cost.